Oct 9th 2017: Situated within five acres of spectacular gardens, Grade II-listed Moor Hall opened its doors as a restaurant with rooms in March 2017 under the direction of chef-patron watch Mark Birchall after a multimillion-pound renovation and refurbishment.
Moor Hall has seven sumptuous bedrooms, a 40-seat restaurant and casual-dining venue the Barn, which is due to open this autumn. Birchall is also the proud owner of a state-of-the-art kitchen overlooking a two-acre walled garden that keeps the restaurant in soft fruit, vegetables and micro herbs.
watch The Chefs Eat Out menu
• Black pudding, pickled apple
• Smoked curd, potato, fermented garlic, flowers
• Oyster, cured ham, dill, buttermilk
• Baked carrots, Doddington cheese snow, chrysanthemum and sea buckthorn
• Holstein Friesian, barbecued celeriac, mustard and shallot
• Turbot cooked on the bone, artichoke, mussel cream, sea vegetables
• Goosnargh duckling, sweetcorn, beetroot and elderberry
• Gingerbread, roots, pine
• Honey beer, Bramley apple, aged caramel and marigold
Nov 16th 2016: Chef Eats Out provides diners with an exclusive opportunity to experience the culinary excellence of outstanding restaurants and chefs. We are delighted that the venue for the next event is Aiden Byrne’s Manchester House, a passionate supporter of all things British.
Udale Speciality Foods is delighted to join forces with The Caterer this year to host Chef Eats Out. It is especially encouraging that chefs such as Aiden Byrne, who strive for excellence, demonstrate confidence in their suppliers. Innovation from suppliers such as Udale Speciality Foods, with its new Himalayan salt chamber, is essential.
Udale Speciality Foods aims to build an on-going relationship with chefs by sponsoring Chef Eats Out events, as it continues to show its commitment to the hospitality industry.